Heating biased (HVAC) Service Engineer.
Please note that all details are provided for guidance only and do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job. Due to the nature of the business and the size of the company, it is expected that all employees offer a flexible approach, and make every effort to carry out required duties, within reason, to the best of their ability.
Main purpose of the Job:
To provide planned and reactive maintenance services to a variety of customer sites. As a mobile engineer you should be capable of working on all types of HVAC equipment with minimum supervision and have the necessary skills to return to operation any items of plant that the company is obligated to.
The role includes but may not be limited to the following tasks:
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks to the highest standards, in accordance with the master schedule, as directed by the manager and/or administration department.
- To pick up and action reactive maintenance tasks allocated by the help desk.
- Maintenance, repair and commissioning of all types of HVAC systems to include pipework and controls.
- Maintenance and repair of minor plumbing and electrical works.
- Complete worksheets & related paperwork returns on time detailing hours worked and tasks completed for each day.
- To observe company & client policies applicable to health, safety and environment in the workplace.
- Commercial/Industrial grade HVAC relevant Heating (ACS) Certificates, with Domestic grades beneficial but not essential.
- C&G 2079 (F-Gas) Certificate preferred along with some basic Air Conditioning training.
- Electrical knowledge and a formal qualification would be preferred.
- Plumbing knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
A minimum of 8 -10 years’ experience in the HVAC industry is required and we would emphasise the need to be self-sufficient and capable of working on own initiative with limited supervision. We are a small company and the person needs to be able to handle responsibility.
The individual should be flexible and willing to undertake any training as the management deems necessary. i.e. attend ongoing technical/legislative updates on all related building services topics.
Although the position is to predominately service the Midlands area, the company would expect occasional extensive travel in order to meet the demands of the position.
We are currently seeking an experienced & competent engineer who is happy to continue in that role for the foreseeable future, ABI is a small company and an opportunity to ‘climb the ladder’ is not currently on the agenda. This however does not limit the job role, and assistance with all aspects of the operation of the company would be utilised as and when necessary.
If You Would Like To Enquire About This Position With Us