The purpose of this document is to set out the key duties and responsibilities for the position identified above, the needs of the position, and the role that the person will be required to carry out as part of the ABI team.
Please note that all details are provided for guidance only and do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job. Due to the nature of the business and the size of the company, it is expected that all employees offer a flexible approach, and make every effort to carry out required duties, within reason, to the best of their ability.
Full details of employment are provided within terms of employment and appropriate policies within the Company. Certain benefits may only be available after the qualifying period.
Main purpose Of The Job
To provide key Clerical and Secretarial support to all aspects of the business overseeing administration and office services to all departments.
- Manage the central Help Desk system, generating work instructions and ensuring that the recording of completed jobs is maintained on a daily basis.
- Send, receive, record and action customer correspondence as necessary and in a timely manner, which may involve the composition of replies for and on behalf of other staff.
- Take telephone messages and deal with routine enquiries in an efficient and effective manner.
- Monitor electronic filing systems and ensure that paper filing systems are effectively maintained.
- Assist other staff members in the preparation of estimates, proposals, tender documents, reports etc as required, ensuring that all documentation is sent out correctly.
- Assist in the planning of workload and provide key communication between office and field staff, especially service engineer’s diary.
- Provide secretarial support to Management team ensuring documentation is presented in the correct manner.
- Provide general assistance to all members of staff to ensure the smooth running of the business at all times.
- Support the company’s ISO accreditation by ensuring that systems are followed and data is recorded correctly.
Responsible (along with others), for the correct upkeep of the electronic Management System/Help Desk, and to ensure back up of same.
Responsibility extends to the proper care and maintenance of all office equipment.
Currently, no responsibilities for staff.
Must seek to undertake all duties in a cost-effective manner ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum.
No formal qualifications are absolutely necessary but would be advantageous. However experience as below is required.
Good computer literacy and prior knowledge of how a busy day to day office operates is essential. The person is expected to be suitably experienced in all other aspects of the role and be familiar with the usual Microsoft Office programmes and general filing methods etc.
The only immediate specific training required for this position will be to learn the ‘Job Logic’ operating system currently in place. This is expected to be an ‘on the job’ progression.
However the individual should be flexible and willing to undertake any further training as the management deems necessary to fulfil the job role.
Normal day-to-day working in itself is deemed as ongoing training as changes and updates continually occur!
Location and Hours
Office based 08.30 to 17.00 Mon to Fri.